How to Care for Your Phoenix Hardwood Flooring
We get asked a lot about what is the best method to take care of newly installed Phoenix hardwood flooring. Choosing hardwood flooring is an investment in your home, so here are some helpful tips from your friends at ENMAR Hardwood Flooring to keep your Phoenix hardwood flooring looking new and to provide longevity after your hardwood floor installation is complete.
- If it is a freshly sanded and refinished floor, do not place area rugs on your newly finished floor for one to two weeks to allow for complete curing of the finish.
- Sand, dirt and grit have abrasive particles; tracking these particles onto your Phoenix hardwood flooring will cause your finish to wear faster and make your floors lose their shine.
- An excessive amount of water can make your wood floors swell and cup. It can also cause cracks to turn discolor. Clean up any water on your floors as soon as possible.
- The nails of large pets can cause scratches on your Phoenix hardwood flooring, but there are products on the market that can be put on the nails of large pets (like a nail polish) that will reduce scratching or gouging. If your pet has an accident on the floor, clean it up immediately as urine is an acid and it will leave a permanent stain.
- After your hardwood floor installation, it is recommended that you use floor protectors under chair legs and other furniture to prevent scratching.
- Do NOT clean the floor with any wax related products, furniture polishes, vinegar, ammonia or pine cleaners. Not only are they less effective cleaners, they may dull your finish and it may require hardwood floor repair.
- Always make sure plants are in water proof containers.
- Whether it is prefinished hardwood flooring or solid hardwood flooring (reclaimed hardwood flooring), the humidity in your home is very important to your Phoenix hardwood flooring. Unless the relative humidity in your home is kept between 35% and 55%, the wood floor can check or shrink forming cracks in the surface. An atmosphere that is too dry may also void the manufacturer’s warranty.
If you are in doubt about how to care for your new Phoenix hardwood flooring, ask our professionally trained hardwood floor installers at the time of hardwood floor installation or give us a call at 480-497-1633. At ENMAR Hardwood Flooring, we really are “at your service” and the place to buy hardwood flooring!
Visit our ENMAR Hardwood Flooring Gilbert Showroom.
560 E Germann Rd, Suite 105
Gilbert, AZ 85297
Local: (480) 497-1633
Monday-Friday 10am- 5pm
Schedule an Estimate!
It's fast, easy and done without any expectation or obligation.